Revised: April 15, 2022
Info you can choose to provide on the Platform
Certain Users of the Platform choose to interact in ways that require us to gather personal information, such as when you:
- Contact Us. When you contact us by phone, email or social media, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, username or handle, phone number, and email address, and any other information you would like to share with us. If available, we also collect your internet activity information, like your IP address. We collect this information so that we can communicate with you concerning your questions and comments, troubleshoot where necessary, diagnose technical and service problems, and address any issues you have with the Platform or Platform Content and to provide personalized support.
- Sign up to receive newsletters, blog posts, updates, and promotional material, related to John Mack, the Platform, and/or Platform Content. When you sign up to receive our communications, we collect identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect this information so that we can share our news and updates with you.
- Register for an event. When you register for an event being organized or promoted through the Platform, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and phone number. We may also collect other contact information. We collect this information so that we can contact you about the event and keep an internal record of attendees and those interested in the Platform and the Platform Content.
- Make a Purchase or Donation through the Platform. If you make a purchase or donation offered through the Platform, we collect your identifiers such as your name and billing address. We also collect your financial information to facilitate your payment. Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, cardholder’s name, card expiration date and security code), is processed by independent third-party service providers and is not collected from within the Platform. Please visit those third-party service providers’ sites for information about their privacy policies, over which we have no control nor responsibility.
In all cases, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interactions with the Platform.
We respect your email address
If you have provided your email address to receive news and updates, know that we will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. You may opt out of receiving any email communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send.
Cookies and Tracking
In addition to cookies, other tracking technologies are also used, such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Platform.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate or analyze the Platform. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We also collect personal information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We collect IP addresses in order to improve your experience on the Platform (such as limiting the number of times you’d see a pop-up, or to know your general location to give you more relevant content). We also collect IP addresses to understand how Users move through the Platform and how often they return.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. For more information about DNT, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
How we protect your data
We use a variety of security measures to protect your data. We maintain physical, technical, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of personal information. Through our third-party service providers we protect the security of payment transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security.
No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but we are always working to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms.
How we use and share your data
If you provide us with personal information when you visit the Platform, we may use the information in our programs and activities. We may enter your information into one of our databases so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or provide a more personalized online experience.
We will disclose personal information only on a need-to-know basis to those of our employees, affiliates, and service providers who process it on our behalf as necessary to provide the Platform. Those employees, affiliates, and service providers are bound by strict confidentiality rules and are permitted to use the information only to support our operations.
We will not rent, sell, or otherwise exchange for value personal information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, affiliates, and service providers, as described above, we disclose personal information only:
- in response to a legal obligation, such as a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request,
- in good faith and as reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights or those of third parties and the public at large,
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform,
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Platform, and/or
- to protect against legal liability.
How long do we hold on to your data?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the purpose(s) for which it was collected, unless we have legal obligations to keep it longer or to delete it sooner.
What happens to your data if something happens to us or to the Platform?
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there.
The Platform is not intended for individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain data privacy rights. In such cases, we will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. If you wish to be informed about what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us as indicated below.
In certain circumstances, you may have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You may have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You may have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You may have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in cases where your consent was the basis for our collection and processing of your personal information.
These rights are not absolute and are subject to exceptions and weighing of different interests within the applicable data privacy and data protection laws.
Please note that we will make reasonable efforts to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority or agency about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We link to other websites and apps